Zinio is a source for digital magazines that can be read on a PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire/Fire HD, Windows 8, and Blackberry Playbook. There are 103 titles that you can choose from. You can select as many of these magazines as you would like. When viewing the magazines on a PC or Mac there is no special software needed. There is an app that you can download for your handheld device that is used for viewing the magazines.
Setting Up Your Account:
- Begin by clicking on the heading above (Zinio – Digital Magazines)
- You will end up on the Mid Wisconsin Federated Library System/RBDigital Gateway page that is the start to getting into Zinio
- In the upper right hand corner of the page it says “Create New Account.” Click there.
- Enter your library card number in the box that appears. Type all 14 digits with no spaces.
- Enter your email address and set up a password to create your account with the library Zinio account.
- Zinio will send an email to the email account you entered. Open this email message and click on the link to activate your account.
At this point you can return to the collection to browse and checkout your favorite magazines. When you checkout the magazine you will need to register an account again to view your magazine. Make sure you use the same email address that you used when you created an account. You can use the same password as well.